Thursday 9 April 2009

Revelations.

Right, done with injections until the end of July now - happy about that. Got around €600 aswell so that'll sort me out for a couple of nights in a Parisian brothel. I have also taken a morsel of last minute advice..

I was focusing too much on buying clothes and such that were either quick-drying, waterproof, or generally made of amazing materials. Pretty much stuff that's suitable for dancing in torrential rain, or going on a Ray Mears excursion.

I've come to that conclusion that, unless I'd be comfortable wearing that get-up in my home town, I should reconsider my wardrobe. I hadn't thought about it like that until yesterday - which of course threw me into mild, last-minute panic - always good!

So, I took back a raincoat that cost £50 and instead bought a lighter, casual jacket with a hood. I'd feel like a right plum wearing a cagool in the middle of trendy Paris. Can't say any of my guidebooks mentioned anything like this, which surprised me. 

So... a handful of things to do now, but otherwise plain sailing:

  • book first night in Paris. I'll be arriving around 8pm, so could be a little dodgy wandering around for a bed at that time
  • buy a more detailed map for Western Europe, and a Western Europe guidebook to take with me
  • make my stuff look less new
  • pack bag, test bag
  • decide on a novel to take