Tuesday 24 February 2009

Further thoughts

It's been a few days and I'm in my last week of work...

So, I've extended my travel plans for my introductory 3 months to the following

  • France
  • Spain
  • Portugal
  • Germany
  • Belgium
  • and maybe Amsterdam

I've decided this looks like a much better idea, 3 countries in 3 months is far too few - I can also stretch my budget a little more. 

More thoughts have been given to Australia aswell.

After I've spent most of my funds and can just about afford a plane ticket I'll head down under and get my hands dirty doing some fruitpicking. I've read that often you can get worker's accommodation near the fruit fields at a reduced rate and it's also a good way of meeting other travellers. I will have to look into other easy little jobs, just in case being knelt down all day in blistering heat starts to get to me.

I will then use the money I've saved to get a plane to Singapore, Cambodia and Vietnam - could take months though!

On another note I would like to recommend some music for anyone who does jogging or cycling and is looking for some music with a bit of a pulse.

To quote Wikipedia:

"It is part of a series of mixes intended to assist joggers on their workout routines known as Original Run. The album is a nearly 45 minute continuous mix of ten tracks, some new, some remixes"

It's a good album with training or just on it's own, a favourite of mine is the Doors' Roadhouse Blues remix. Enjoy.

Amazon link