Sunday 8 March 2009

Not long now..

Well I finished my job on Friday 27th and it feels weird not having to get up.. good, but weird. I'm sure I'll adjust!

I spent 2 years working at a Solicitors' office as an office mule in the centre of town. A dull job, but full of lots of cool people. It took me until the second year to realise I wanted change, and, after hearing of tales of travelling from friends I started getting my own ideas.

It wasn't until a few months after the initial seeds of imagination were planted, that I started talking with people about travel and then came to the conclusion that solo travel was the way to go. The more I've thought about it, the more the benefits have outweighed the negatives.

Anyway, in the void left by work I have, amongst other things, been dabbling in a little photography so I can take better pictures when I head into the unknown. I only have a measly 4 megapixels to play with, but I'll live.

 

The first photo was taken the other week in Sheffield, the rest are from when I went to Scotland last summer. Maybe I should pursue a career as a postcard photographer... 

Anyway, I've spent too long on this post and forgotten what else I was going to put so I'll just round it up here. Before I go I'd like to spread the word of Charlie Brooker... I'll let his latest article do the talking... click me

  • This week I have been mostly listening to Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs and a good chunk of Daft Punk. I've also been rubbing my hands with glee as I've started on the final season of The Shield - awesome.