Sunday 26 July 2009

Interlaken, Switzerland

I managed to get some pictures before the rain pounded into the hillsides. I set off from the Hostel I was staying in relatively early in the morning, as they'd keep shoving extreme(ly expensive) activities in your face. 

This was definitely hiking country. I wandered up a couple of comparatively tiny hills, and, caked in sweat, took in some spectacular views - only wish I'd had a pair of binoculars. It was also a shame that none of the ski-lifts near me were operating.

Another thing I wished I could've done was to go up Jungfraujoch aka the 'top of Europe'. Apparently used in one of the James Bond films. The pictures I saw of this looked stunning. Here's one I've just stolen

 

Unfortunately the weather was not permitting, until I was once again on my way, as is Sod's law.

Here's a sample of what I did manage to see..

 

 

The lake was a natural turqoise colour and incredibly still. The only movement was the occasional boat that seemed to slide along it's glassy surface, leaving behind a trail like that of a lazy brushstroke.

Sitting amongst the trees was very therapeutic, the only interruption being the odd, distant car, and of course the rain.